Monday, October 18, 2010

Communication: A Golden Skill

Even though people do not realize how important it can be I believe communication is the most important skill any person can possess. Communication is vital for anyone of any age, even from our early years in elementary school to being able to deliver in a job interview years later. Communication may not necessarily be verbal, but it must be there. Being able to communicate bridges gaps between people, answers potentially important questions, delivers an argument, or makes a point.
Growing up, my parents made it a point that I needed to be able to communicate with people. This was an issue for me as I was shy. I was hesitant to ask questions or to say anything when I was unclear about something. Noticing my inabilities, my parents signed me up for international symposiums on my own religion, hoping that this would take away from my shyness. I wrote papers and presented then in front of crowds of people. It did help, and it also aided in public speaking. With time I grew out of my shy personality and now find myself more outgoing than ever. With that, I know that when I need to, I can ask a question and will ask it when necessary.
 Being able to communicate results in a better understanding of various things, it gives off a strong and assertive personality, and also ties the bonds of people together. I believe communication is a big component of a person’s path to success.

Word Count: 248

5 comments:

  1. You make a very strong point while showing great personal experience to support it. Communication is key! Today, it is really hard to communicate because of the several forms of communication... It is almost overwhelming how much communication our generation does, yet public speaking is still so hard for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such am important aspect of our lives. It seems that since people have so many options for communication, it is starting to lack in quality. I wish I was influenced more as a young person to advance my own communication skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall this is very well written. I really like your personal example and feel like parents should do this more often.

    My only issue is the first sentence of the last paragraph. I'm not sure how to change it, but to me it seems awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your subject about communications is really interesting especially since we are presenting this infront of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great that your parents found a way to help you overcome your obstacle. I learned mine the hard way and I feel comfortable with my communication skill.

    ReplyDelete