Thursday, October 7, 2010

Place Matters: Draft

No, I am not a “Shopaholic”, and no I do not go on shopping sprees; I am the average male who goes shopping when necessary. Yet, one of the places dearest to me is Westfield Montgomery Mall, located off of Democracy Boulevard in Bethesda, Maryland.
This mall served as my diner for nearly all of my senior year of high school, it is my hardware store for when my iPod breaks, the place where I get my phone fixed or replaced when broken, and the place where I get my new clothes from. Consequently, this mall has great meaning to me. Not only does it come in handy when I lack something, but it also brings back memories from the ever so enjoyable senior year of high school.
With an open lunch, all of our seniors ate our lunch at the eatery in this mall. Whether or not we packed a lunch or were buying, we had to leave to school campus to eat at the mall with our friends. It turned a school lunch into a social gathering. It is where I strengthened my bonds with my closest friends and made new ones as well. It was where I got my three dollar burritos every Friday at Q’doba. All the little things equated to joyous times.
Aside from the social gatherings were the stores. I buy everything besides groceries from this mall. This mall is always packed, a clear indicator that everyone finds it ideal and useful. Therefore, Westfield Montgomery Mall is a place that in fact, matters.

4 comments:

  1. haha this is so funny montgomery mall brings back GREAT memories!! it was my cafeteria all my senior year too!! i went to churchill, graduated in 2003, what school did u go to? i also worked there for 2 years at picture people! but i feel like ever since tysons was renovated i feel like not that many people go to montgomery mall as much as they used to? i havent been to Montgomery in over a year i moved to baltimore and havent gone back in a while! this makes me wana go and visit lol
    nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you got to leave school and go have lunch there. My school would have never let us do that! I think you should make sure you have a strong thesis though, I wasn't really sure what your thesis statement was. And somewhere, maybe you could add a sentence or two about how a mall is so significant to many people and why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog! I really like that you used your senior class as an indentified culture affected by the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really interesting how you were able to go to a mall for lunch. Just make sure you have an 'obvious' thesis statement. Otherwise, it is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete